I have been eyeballing keto cinnamon roll recipes for a while now. I was under the impression the recipes were all too complicated and it just wouldn’t taste the way I was expecting. I was surprised at how good these cinnamon rolls were. They turned out delightful! The entire family enjoyed them. The only thing I may do differently next time is to add more baking powder to give more fluff.
The one diet you will be successful with is the one you will stick to and I know if my family and I feel deprived of great foods, we would not stick with it! One of my favorite things to do is find recipes we have grown to love and make them keto/low- carb style. So YES! You can have cinnamon rolls with the keto diet! ENJOY!
The icing is the best part
- 3/4 cup super-fine blanched almond flour
- 2 oz cream cheese
- 2 cups mozzarella shredded (using low-moisture is best)
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 2+ tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp aluminum free baking powder
- 3 tbsp granulated keto approved sweetener (I used Lakanto-Monk Fruit)
- 2-4 tbsp unsweetened almond milk (use more for a thinner icing)
- 4 oz full-fat cream cheese
- 2 tbsp keto approved sweetener
- Dash of vanilla
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Place mozzarella and cream cheese in a large glass bowl and heat in the microwave for 45 seconds to 1 minute.
Remove the mixture from the microwave, add in the almond flour and egg and stir. If it becomes difficult to stir, place back in the microwave for 20-30 second increments (stirring in between) until able to form a smooth dough.
Place the dough on a sheet of parchment paper, spread out with a spoon.
5. Place a second sheet of parchment paper on top of the dough, using your hands and a rolling pin/empty wine bottle 😉) into a thin layer about 1/4 inch thick.
*** Handy Keto Mom Hack– use a clean empty wine bottle as a makeshift rolling pin to roll out the dough.
7. Begin rolling the dough using/pulling the parchment paper to form a log with your hands. Slice the dough starting from the middle into about 10 equal pieces.
8. Using a glass baking dish or cookie sheet, place the cinnamon rolls in the oven on 350 F for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown and firm.
9. Remove and let cool before icing.
Using a hand mixer, mix the unsweetened almond milk, full-fat cream cheese, keto sweetener, and vanilla until icing forms. For a thicker icing, use less almond milk. When finished, use a spoon to drizzle the rolls with icing.
* For more icing, double the recipe.
Other delicious Low-Carb Keto Breakfast Ideas