I cannot express enough how tasty this meal was. If you are bored with eating the same ole’ seasoned chicken… You need to take a stab at this recipe. Fairly easy to make and you can change it up by adding just a few ingredients.
The only thing I really wish I had on hand for this one was bacon, but regardless the recipe was perfect. Bacon makes everything better though, am I right?
You can add different seasonings and other cheeses if desired. I really want to try this dish in the cast iron skillet as well.
The video on how I made it is below.
Here’s the recipe:
Creamy Jalapeno Chicken
2 large chicken breast
3/4 cup shredded cheddar
Half a block of cheddar cheese sliced and cut in half pieces
4 jalapeno peppers diced
3/4 cup Heavy whipping cream
1 package full-fat cream cheese, softened
1/2-1 tbsp Pink Himalayan salt and herb blend
1/4 tsp Pink Himalayan salt
Pepper to taste
Optional: bacon (I didn’t have any on hand but it would’ve made this dish!)
Before preparing chicken:
Slice pieces of blocked cheddar and cut in half to be placed in chicken pockets
1. Preheat stovetop on low/ medium heat and add oven-safe skillet (can also use a glass baking dish, just skip this step)
2. Also preheat oven to 350
3. Combine jalapenos, heavy whipping cream, cream cheese, shredded cheddar, and spices in a large mixing bowl and set aside.
4. Slice slits in chicken to create small lined pockets every half inch or so.
5. Place cheddar slices in each pocket.
6. Place chicken in skillet and pour creamy mixture with jalapenos on top of chicken breast and in skillet.
7. Place oven-safe skillet with chicken in oven for 40 minutes or until cooked thoroughly. The cheese mixture will start to brown and bubble.