Why I have I waited so long to make these? I find myself asking that question about a lot of keto meals. I have never been a big fan of cooked peppers mixed in with my food but my tastes must be changing with this keto woe because I devoured this meal and it was perfect. Just enough spice with lots of cheese.
Two large bell peppers, any color
1lb grass fed beef
1-2 tsp minced garlic
1/2 cup each shredded mozzarella and cheddar
2 tsp grass fed butter
1-2 tsp MCT oil
1 tsp Italian seasoning
1 tsp onion powder
2-3 green onions
3 cilantro sprigs
Pink Himalayan Salt to taste
Pepper to taste
Optional: 1/2 can Rotel
1. Heat a large skillet on medium to high heat. Brown and drain grass-fed beef.
2. As it cooks, chop onion and cilantro and set aside.
3. Add butter and MCT oil to skillet, along with minced garlic. Let simmer for a couple minutes, then add in chopped green onions and cilantro. Let simmer and additional 2-3 minutes.
4. Add browned beef and seasonings to the mixture. Let simmer on low-medium heat until it combines well.
5. As the beef mixture is simmering, preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Wash and cut the center out of two bell peppers, scooping out the seeds and rind. Place them in a glass baking dish.
6. Scoop beef mixture into bell peppers one at a time, leaving a bit of room at the top. Cover with shredded mozzarella and cheddar. Place in the oven for 20 minutes or so.
7. Remove from oven when cheese turns golden brown and the pepper looks tender.
8. Slice and dice with a knife and enjoy with a cold keto beverage.
Other delicious bell pepper recipes: