These low carb bagels are so easy to make and only take 5 ingredients. Fathead dough is one of our favorite things to make and eat. We have used it making keto pizza before and the entire family gobbles it up. Using almond flour fathead dough isn’t just for pizza anymore! You can get so creative with the dough and use it in multiple recipes including Fathead Dough Calzones, Parmesan Garlic Breadsticks, Fathead Rolls.
You are sure to love these 24 Fathhead Dough Recipes too! Now, we can eat keto bagels without the guilt or the carbs. Do be aware, if you are using fathead dough often in your keto life it might cause a stall. This fathead dough recipe can be made with coconut flour as well. We suggest starting with the basics with keto and getting creative with recipes once you have it down pat.
Yields 6 Bagels
1 cup almond flour
1.5 tsp baking powder
2 cups mozzarella (use block- not fresh as there is too much moisture)
1 large egg
dash of pink Himalayan salt
2 oz full-fat cream cheese- cubed
Optional: Everything but the Bagel Seasoning or desired toppings
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Add the mozzarella and cream cheese to a microwave safe bowl and microwave on high for 30 seconds. Stir to combine using a fork and then microwave for another 30 seconds until fully melted.
3. Add in the almond flour, egg, baking powder, and salt and combine using the fork. Then knead the dough with your hands or a spatula until you reach the desired texture and consistency. The dough should be evenly mixed with no separation. If it is difficult to bind together, place back in the microwave for 15 seconds or so to heat the dough.
4. Divide the dough into 6 balls of the same size. Roll the balls into a log then press the ends together to make a bagel shape. Repeat with the remaining dough. If using Everything but the bagel seasoning, rub the bagel with a bit of water so the seasoning will stick. Sprinkle seasoning over the bagels and gently press into the dough.
5. Roll each ball out into a thin log using your hands and form a circle onto the parchment paper. Repeat with the remaining dough.
6. Lightly brush the top of each bagel with some water to help the seasoning stick better. Sprinkle on desired seasoning and press down lightly with your fingers.
7. Bake for 10-12 minutes until golden brown. Watching closely so they don’t burn.
Check out the steps below
There likely won’t be any left but if there are, these will keep in the fridge for a few days or you can freeze them. We use these awesome glass spill-proof containers for storage.