We absolutely love our Lodge Cast Iron Skillet. The meals are easy to prep and cook all in one. We might have gone a little overboard with the cheese but that is never a bad thing! You can choose to omit the zucchini for a thicker mixture. Either way, this deep dish cast iron keto lasagna will have you drooling!
1.5- 2 lbs grass-fed beef
1 jar marinara sauce with no added sugars- Raos is a good brand
1-2 zucchini thinly sliced lengthwise- use a vegetable peeler or mandolin for slicing
2 tsp minced garlic
1/4 cup onion
1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup shredded parmesan
2-3 tsp Pink Himalayan Salt and Herb Blend
pepper to taste
- In a large skillet, brown the beef (adding in seasoning, garlic, and onions while cooking) on the stovetop and drain. Place in a bowl, add low carb marinara to beef and stir.
- While beef is browning prep zucchini slices and grated cheese and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place cast iron skillet on another burner on low-medium heat. Use about half of the prepared meat mixture creating your first thick layer, then top with mozzarella cheese.
- Next, make a layer of zucchini criss-crossing the pieces. Then cover with meat mixture and top with shredded mozzarella.
- Repeat step 4, leaving enough meat to cover the last layer of zucchini, then cover with the last of mozzarella and parmesan cheese.
- Place the prepared lasagna in the oven for 25 minutes on 375. It should come to a nice sizzling bake. Add an additional 3-5 minutes on broil to brown the top.
- Remove from oven with caution, cut, and enjoy.
Check out these amazing Keto/Low Carb Cast Iron Meals
Keto Spinach Dip with Pull-Apart Rolls
Cooking with cast iron is one of our favorite things to do. Looking for a Keto Cast Iron Skillet Cookbook.
Check these out!
Keto Cast Iron Cooking