This dessert was surprisingly on point!! I can’t wait to take it to a holiday party and blow people’s minds with a keto friendly treat that they would never guess was keto. The cheese ball is so easy to make. Paired with the keto graham crackers, guests will have no idea it is a keto dish. I was also very surprised the graham crackers were crispy after cooling and taste better than the carby ones on the grocery store shelf. This recipe is must try! You will not believe how tasty it is. If you make it for the holidays, please let us know!
Keto Chocolate Chip Cheese Ball Recipe
Keto Chocolate Chip Cheese Ball
Mix all ingredients except chocolate chips together with a hand mixer. After mixed well, then stir in 3/4 cup Lilly’s Chocolate Chips. Serve or refrigerate. When taking to a holiday party, set out for a bit to get it to room temp and stir so the consistency is spreadable for the low carb keto graham crackers below. This recipe pairs so well with the low carb graham crackers below.
Low-Carb Keto Graham Crackers
Low-Carb Keto Graham Crackers Recipe
If you are looking for a tasty keto cereal let graham crackers cool then crumble them into a bowl and add some unsweetened almond milk. It tastes just like cinnamon toast crunch and it’s actually good for you! MY KIDS LOVED IT! We have found a new favorite.
Delightful Holiday Recipes
30 Low-Carb Christmas Recipes
Here are a few holiday survival tips from yours truly
Need help to fight those cravings, stay the keto course, and possibly even lose weight during the holidays? Here’s our little secret hack. Trust us, you will be THANKFUL for having these in your keto toolkit. This holiday season remember to enjoy family and friends and don’t beat yourself up for indulging a little. Make the best choice in each situation. There’s always the next meal to get back on track.
🦃🎄Happy Holidays from The Keto Family🎄🦃 keto peeps!
In this video we make a holiday hickory smoked ham and fixings using our Instant Pot. Sides included Brussel Sprouts with bacon and loaded cauliflower. The cauliflower dish is LOW-CARB due to the Velveeta ingredients, it is best to shred your own cheese to make the dish a true keto side. However, it was delicious. Velveeta also tends to have a bit more carbs than block cheddar so you want to be sure to limit the amount used, if you choose to go that route.
Looking for some other keto/low carb holiday meals?
Fall won’t be the same without this tasty KETO apprüved Pumpkin Cheesecake recipe. Looking for a little spice in your life? GET some.
🍂It’s fall ya’ll!🍂
The temperature changed to cold here in CO pretty quickly. As soon as the seasons start to transition our minds go straight to fall goodies, one of those favorites being chili! We experimented with a couple different recipes settling on this one as a favorite so far.
Just a heads up, my husband really likes to spice up his chili so sometimes I will make a separate dish for the kiddos without so much spice to it. This recipe really had just the right amount of kick though. It can be made on the stovetop or in the crockpot give or take some of the ingredients depending on your preference.
Tips: If you are concerned about carb count, lower the amount of tomatoes and increase the amount of radishes- use half a can of tomatoes instead. Use more chicken or bone broth to give additional volume and a thinner base. This chili is the perfect warm and savory recipe for slipping into fall.
2 lbs. grass-fed beef
1 can tomato sauce (can also be found here on Vitacost) – tomato paste can also be used here, just look for no added sugars.
1 can diced Roma tomatoes
1- 4 oz can diced green chiles
1/2 white onion- diced
1 bundle organic radishes- washed and quartered
1/2 cup organic chicken broth
1/2 bundle sprigs of cilantro
Seasoning (add desired seasonings of choice- what we used is below)
2 tbsp Chili powder
1 tsp Pink Himalayan salt
1 1/2 tsp pepper
1 tsp red pepper flakes
1 tsp pink Himalayan Salt and Herb blend
2 tsp Mrs. Dash garlic and herb
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp ground turmeric
Additional toppings as desired
1. Brown the grass-fed beef and diced onions in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Drain the beef and set aside.
2. On the stove top, use a large pot to add in all ingredients and seasoning. Add the beef last, to prevent sticking.
3. Cook on low-medium, stirring often for about an hour. Let simmer on low for 2-3 hours, the longer it cooks the more flavorful it will taste. If you are impatiently waiting, you can enjoy a bowl about an hour after cooking but for the best tasting chili wait it out.
Confession. I was not a big Brussel sprout fan until I tried them this way. After all, you can’t go wrong with cheese and bacon right? If you are a skeptic, you gotta give this recipe a try.
2 lbs Brussel Sprouts
3/4 cup mozzarella (more or less to your liking)
1/2 cup parmesan
1 tsp Pink Himalayan Salt and Herb Blend
1/4 tsp garlic powder
6-8 pieces of bacon cooked and crumbled
1-2 tbsp Avocado oil
Heat a pot of water on the stovetop. Prep the Brussel sprouts by washing and cutting the ends off.
Place Brussel sprouts in the pot of boiling water and boil until tender. Midway through boiling Brussel sprouts, preheat oven on 375 degrees.
When Brussel sprouts become tender (about 10 minutes), remove from stove top and drain.
Place Brussel sprouts on a baking sheet and smash each sprout with a spoon or meat tenderizer press.
Sprinkle with avocado oil and your favorite seasonings. Top with mozzarella, parmesan, and bacon, then roast until cheese is melted (about 15 minutes.)
Serve as a side or enjoy as the main dish.
Try out these other delicious brussel sprout recipes!
Brussel Sprouts Augratin
Create your own Everything But the Bagel Seasoning with this easy recipe. Change it up however you like. All you have to do is mix the ingredients and store it in a sealed jar. Voila, save yourself some money with buying the spice pre-mixed and create your own. This stuff lasts a while and is so easy and versatile. Put everything but the bagel seasoning on Low Carb Bagels, Keto Baked Avocado Eggs, Low Carb Everything Crackers.
2 tbsp poppy seeds
1 tbsp white sesame seeds
1 1/2 tbsp dried minced garlic
1 1/2 tbsp dried minced onion
1 tsp Mrs. Dash garlic and herb
2 tbsp sea salt
Mix all spices in a bowl and pour into a glass storage container or sealed jar. Enjoy on any recipe you wanna make extra delicious!
These low carb bagels are so easy to make and only take 5 ingredients. Fathead dough is one of our favorite things to make and eat. We have used it making keto pizza before and the entire family gobbles it up. Using almond flour fathead dough isn’t just for pizza anymore! You can get so creative with the dough and use it in multiple recipes including Fathead Dough Calzones, Parmesan Garlic Breadsticks, Fathead Rolls.
You are sure to love these 24 Fathhead Dough Recipes too! Now, we can eat keto bagels without the guilt or the carbs. Do be aware, if you are using fathead dough often in your keto life it might cause a stall. This fathead dough recipe can be made with coconut flour as well. We suggest starting with the basics with keto and getting creative with recipes once you have it down pat.
Yields 6 Bagels
1 cup almond flour
1.5 tsp baking powder
2 cups mozzarella (use block- not fresh as there is too much moisture)
1 large egg
dash of pink Himalayan salt
2 oz full-fat cream cheese- cubed
Optional: Everything but the Bagel Seasoning or desired toppings
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Add the mozzarella and cream cheese to a microwave safe bowl and microwave on high for 30 seconds. Stir to combine using a fork and then microwave for another 30 seconds until fully melted.
3. Add in the almond flour, egg, baking powder, and salt and combine using the fork. Then knead the dough with your hands or a spatula until you reach the desired texture and consistency. The dough should be evenly mixed with no separation. If it is difficult to bind together, place back in the microwave for 15 seconds or so to heat the dough.
4. Divide the dough into 6 balls of the same size. Roll the balls into a log then press the ends together to make a bagel shape. Repeat with the remaining dough. If using Everything but the bagel seasoning, rub the bagel with a bit of water so the seasoning will stick. Sprinkle seasoning over the bagels and gently press into the dough.
5. Roll each ball out into a thin log using your hands and form a circle onto the parchment paper. Repeat with the remaining dough.
6. Lightly brush the top of each bagel with some water to help the seasoning stick better. Sprinkle on desired seasoning and press down lightly with your fingers.
7. Bake for 10-12 minutes until golden brown. Watching closely so they don’t burn.
Check out the steps below
There likely won’t be any left but if there are, these will keep in the fridge for a few days or you can freeze them. We use these awesome glass spill-proof containers for storage.
We absolutely love our Lodge Cast Iron Skillet. The meals are easy to prep and cook all in one. We might have gone a little overboard with the cheese but that is never a bad thing! You can choose to omit the zucchini for a thicker mixture. Either way, this deep dish cast iron keto lasagna will have you drooling!
1.5- 2 lbs grass-fed beef
1 jar marinara sauce with no added sugars- Raos is a good brand
1-2 zucchini thinly sliced lengthwise- use a vegetable peeler or mandolin for slicing
2 tsp minced garlic
1/4 cup onion
1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup shredded parmesan
2-3 tsp Pink Himalayan Salt and Herb Blend
pepper to taste
Check out these amazing Keto/Low Carb Cast Iron Meals
Keto Spinach Dip with Pull-Apart Rolls
Cooking with cast iron is one of our favorite things to do. Looking for a Keto Cast Iron Skillet Cookbook.
Check these out!
Keto Cast Iron Cooking
If you are bored with eating chicken and looking to change it up, try out this low carb keto chuck roast recipe. This is by far the best chuck roast I have ever eaten, so full of flavor!
Toss all ingredients into the crockpot and cook on high for 4 hours then reduce heat to low for an additional 2 hours or until roast becomes tender.
bundle of cilantro
1/2 large onion
1 small bag radishes quartered
3/4 cup baby carrots
1 16.2oz Kettle and Fire Bone Broth (click for 10% off)
pink Himalayan salt and herb blend
Check out these delicious Crock-Pot Keto Meals
10 Keto Friendly Slow Cooker Recipes
1 1/2 cup shredded cheddar
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
3 tbsp grass-fed butter
2 tbsp cream cheese
1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
1/4 cup blanched almond flour
couple dashes of pink Himalayan salt and pepper to taste
Breaded topping (mash both together until finely ground):
1/4 cup pork rinds
1/4 cup almond flour
* add more if you want a bigger crunch
2. Place spaghetti squash face down in a large baking dish, fill about halfway with water.
5. On the stovetop prepare the sauce mixture by combining liquid ingredients first then adding in dry ingredients to prevent sticking. Cook in a medium-sized pot on low-medium heat until it reaches a boil and is mixed well.
6. As sauce is heating and squash has cooled some, scoop out the spaghetti squash in a large mixing bowl, leaving the shell casing in the glass baking dish.
7. Add sauce mixture to spaghetti squash, mix until well combined.
9. Prepare the keto breaded topping by mashing in a bowl.
10. Place breaded topping evenly on top of your prepared spaghetti squash mac-n-cheese.
11. Place spaghetti squash back in the oven for an additional 15 minutes or until mixture starts to boil. Add an additional 5 minutes on broil to crisp the keto breading. Watch carefully so it doesn’t burn.
12. Remove from oven, sprinkle with pink Himalayan salt and enjoy.
This is a delicious replacement for the carb-loaded mac-n-cheese we used to eat as a family. We ate it as a side with dinner, allowing for the carb count. Check out the Spaghetti Squash Nutrition label if you are wanting to be more accurate with carb count. The way I see it, we are eating something lower in carbs and real food as compared to the box of shelled imitation macaroni. I will take that as a win any day.
Check out some other delicious low-carb/keto recipes using spaghetti squash.
101 Best Keto Spaghetti Squash Recipes