We absolutely love our Lodge Cast Iron Skillet. The meals are easy to prep and cook all in one. We might have gone a little overboard with the cheese but that is never a bad thing! You can choose to omit the zucchini for a thicker mixture. Either way, this deep dish cast iron keto lasagna will have you drooling!
1.5- 2 lbs grass-fed beef
1 jar marinara sauce with no added sugars- Raos is a good brand
1-2 zucchini thinly sliced lengthwise- use a vegetable peeler or mandolin for slicing
2 tsp minced garlic
1/4 cup onion
1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup shredded parmesan
2-3 tsp Pink Himalayan Salt and Herb Blend
pepper to taste
Check out these amazing Keto/Low Carb Cast Iron Meals
Keto Spinach Dip with Pull-Apart Rolls
Cooking with cast iron is one of our favorite things to do. Looking for a Keto Cast Iron Skillet Cookbook.
Check these out!
Keto Cast Iron Cooking
If you are bored with eating chicken and looking to change it up, try out this low carb keto chuck roast recipe. This is by far the best chuck roast I have ever eaten, so full of flavor!
Toss all ingredients into the crockpot and cook on high for 4 hours then reduce heat to low for an additional 2 hours or until roast becomes tender.
bundle of cilantro
1/2 large onion
1 small bag radishes quartered
3/4 cup baby carrots
1 16.2oz Kettle and Fire Bone Broth (click for 10% off)
pink Himalayan salt and herb blend
Check out these delicious Crock-Pot Keto Meals
10 Keto Friendly Slow Cooker Recipes
1 1/2 cup shredded cheddar
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
3 tbsp grass-fed butter
2 tbsp cream cheese
1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
1/4 cup blanched almond flour
couple dashes of pink Himalayan salt and pepper to taste
Breaded topping (mash both together until finely ground):
1/4 cup pork rinds
1/4 cup almond flour
* add more if you want a bigger crunch
2. Place spaghetti squash face down in a large baking dish, fill about halfway with water.
5. On the stovetop prepare the sauce mixture by combining liquid ingredients first then adding in dry ingredients to prevent sticking. Cook in a medium-sized pot on low-medium heat until it reaches a boil and is mixed well.
6. As sauce is heating and squash has cooled some, scoop out the spaghetti squash in a large mixing bowl, leaving the shell casing in the glass baking dish.
7. Add sauce mixture to spaghetti squash, mix until well combined.
9. Prepare the keto breaded topping by mashing in a bowl.
10. Place breaded topping evenly on top of your prepared spaghetti squash mac-n-cheese.
11. Place spaghetti squash back in the oven for an additional 15 minutes or until mixture starts to boil. Add an additional 5 minutes on broil to crisp the keto breading. Watch carefully so it doesn’t burn.
12. Remove from oven, sprinkle with pink Himalayan salt and enjoy.
This is a delicious replacement for the carb-loaded mac-n-cheese we used to eat as a family. We ate it as a side with dinner, allowing for the carb count. Check out the Spaghetti Squash Nutrition label if you are wanting to be more accurate with carb count. The way I see it, we are eating something lower in carbs and real food as compared to the box of shelled imitation macaroni. I will take that as a win any day.
Check out some other delicious low-carb/keto recipes using spaghetti squash.
101 Best Keto Spaghetti Squash Recipes
If you are looking for a great keto side dish you can throw together for those summer cookouts, look no further. This recipe could not be easier and will be a great addition to any summer bar-b-que. It is light, full fat, and delectable.
2 Heads of raw broccoli florets- washed and chopped
1 cup bacon crumbled (I used 8-10 pieces)
1 cup cheese- cheddar pairs well
1/2 cup sunflower seeds
1.5 tbsp Braggs Apple Cider Vinegar
1/4 cup onion
3/4 cup Avocado Mayo
1.5 tbsp keto sweetener (we love Lakanto) use KetoFam20 for 20% off your order through this link- http://www.lakanto.com?aff=86
1-2 tbsp Hemp seeds
a couple dashes of Pink Himalayan salt
This recipe is so simple to make. Mix all ingredients together, eat immediately or chill and enjoy.
Looking for other ideas to take to that summer bar-b-que? Check out these great options below.
72 Best Summer Salad Recipes
One thing that happens often at our house, is our kids saying “Mommy, we should make keto _______________________ (fill in the blank of their favorite carb option meal). We had ultimately given up the tasty, pastry-like breakfast foods that we loved but were loaded with sugar. Gradually we have found great replacements that are so much better for us and taste just like the real deal.
The last time I heard that mommy statement, it had me digging for something different than eggs and bacon for breakfast. The kiddos said we should make keto pancakes and so it was, we went on the hunt to find a good recipe. We previously had purchased Paleo pancakes and the kids ate them, but to me, they were very eggy tasting and I would rather go without. I kept searching and tried a few recipes but this is one that I settled on until I come across something better.
These are still not as good as our keto maple bacon waffle but they are quicker to make and will do in a pinch.
1 tsp. lemon zest
Keto Syrup (a must try!):
Lakanto Maple Flavored Syrup (sweetened with monk fruit) – use KetoFam20 for 20% off
Recipe adapted from:
Check out another low carb pancake recipe we tried you may like.
Being prepared on the go will help you to stay on track with your keto lifestyle. It is when we are caught unprepared and off guard that we tend to make decisions based on hunger rather than rational food choices when we are satisfied. Cheat meals can turn into cheat days, which will totally wreck your goals of staying in ketosis and feeling well unless you have pure therapeutic ketones in your back pocket.
If you are staying in a hotel, try to opt for one with kitchen access (fridge, stove, etc) that way you can prepare meals a bit throughout the stay and you can reheat keto meals you purchased while out at a restaurant.
Flying or Driving
Whether you are flying or driving, pre-pack some keto friendly snacks to have on hand so you don’t make impulse decisions. If you are able to prep some quick grab items that will last a few hours without the fridge, do so.
We have made this Keto Snack List of items that you can prep and take on the run or you can grab to take out the door with little to no prep. Nowadays even gas stations are getting wise to the low carb/keto life. When in a pinch, you can find some of these by just stopping at your quick stop gas station.
Low Carb Veggies:
Nuts/Seeds and Nut Butter: (be careful not to overdo it!)
This is meant to be a quick snack guide to help you along on your keto journey. Life is meant to be lived and enjoyed, if you see an opportunity during your travels to try something new that you have never had- take it. Even if it means sliding a little off course, you can always jump right back on. Keto is becoming a lifestyle change for many, so restaurants and other places are becoming wise to meeting the need. Lots of places have some wonderful keto options for you, it just might take a little extra effort to find them. We hope this helps take out some of the guess-work.
🌄Safe and happy travels! 🏖️
If you are looking for a simple, full-fat keto breakfast idea, look no further.
Baked avocado eggs for the win! This meal will leave you feeling full and help you jumpstart your day.
1 medium avocado
2 large organic eggs
Dash of pink Himalayan salt
Dash of pepper
2-3 tbls shredded parmesan cheese
Check out these other great keto breakfast ideas:
Keto Eggs and Avocado
I recently found a yummy low carb, keto doughnut recipe that was shared via our private Facebook group and I just had to try it. I am always leery of suggesting recipes that I haven’t tried and tested. Of course, this gave me an excuse to make some low carb doughnuts so I was all for it. I highly recommend you give them a shot, you will be amazed at how good they taste. Careful not to overindulge!
These low carb chocolate doughnuts were super quick and easy to make, even the kids were able to help and they cooked in no time. I didn’t have a doughnut pan so I just used a mini muffin pan instead. There were a few other substitutions I made aside from what was used in the original recipe so I posted it at the bottom of this blog post in case you want it. Check out how I personally made them below.
Low Carb Double Chocolate Doughnuts
3g net carb per 2 doughnuts
For the doughnuts:
cooking spray to coat donut pans or mini muffin tin (I used avocado oil on a baster)
2 cups superfine blanched almond flour
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon pink Himalayan salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup Lakanto Monk Fruit sweetener or equivalent granulated sweetener
2 tablespoons melted grass-fed butter
3 large organic eggs
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
1/4 cup Swerve or equivalent granulated sweetener
2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tablespoon heavy whipping cream
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
2+ tablespoons water
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and spray 2 donut pans with cooking spray or grease entire mini muffin tin with avocado oil and baster.
2. In a medium bowl, combine almond flour, unsweetened cocoa powder, salt, baking soda and keto sweetener. Use a whisk to mix thoroughly.
3. Add melted butter to dry ingredients and stir until absorbed.
4. Add the eggs, vanilla extract, and heavy whipping cream and stir until smooth.
5. Spoon into prepared donut pans or mini muffin tin.
6. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes. Donuts are done when the top springs back when touched. Note- if you are using the mini muffin tin as I did, the cooking time is less than 5 minutes so be sure to watch closely.
7. Remove and let cool in the pan for 10 minutes (using the mini muffin pan these cooked within less than 5 minutes and I removed them immediately to ensure they didn’t overcook) then flip out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
8. In a medium shallow bowl, whisk together keto sweetener and unsweetened cocoa powder. Add the heavy whipping cream and water and whisk to combine.
9. Add enough water until the glaze thins out and is of a dippable consistency, without being too watery.
10. Dip the top of each doughnut into the glaze or using a spoon drizzle the glaze over the mini chocolate doughnuts and let set about 30 minutes.
Original recipe tweaked from: Low Carb Double Chocolate Donuts
Other delicious Keto/Low Carb doughnut recipes:
Baked, Gluten Free Keto Donuts
Seriously, just like taters ya’ll.
When my sister-n-law messaged me a pic of her sauteed radishes and said they tasted just like taters… I didn’t believe her and had to put it to the test.
We are from the South and “taters” were a piece of life that was missing with keto living.
Not anymore! Since then we have tried them in our Keto Thyme Chicken Veggie Soup and in our campfire foil pouches.
Seriously, they are just like having potatoes. The trick to taking the heat out of the radishes is to saute them for a looong time. I am talking, to the point of browning in the skillet.
1. Wash and dry radishes.
2. Cut off the ends and dice with a veggie crinkle cutter.
3. Heat 3-4 tbsp of avocado oil in a large skillet.
4. Once oil is hot, add radishes into skillet.
5. Optional: dice 1/2 an onion and drop into skillet.
6. Add seasoning of choice- we used Pink Himalayan Salt and Herb Blend and pepper.
7. Cook on medium heat until radishes are tender.
8. Remove from heat, add as a side to your favorite protein meal and enjoy.
Get ready for your mouth to water