These stuffed portabellos were nothing short of amazing. The had so much flavor. I think next time I make them I will use sausage just to give a spicier taste. They are so easy to make and were very filling too.
6 medium-sized Portabello mushrooms
1 lb ground beef, grass-fed is best
1-2 tbs Avocado oil (any keto friendly oil will do)
1 1/2 cups shredded Mozzarella
1 large egg
1/4 tsp garlic salt
1/4 tsp onion powder
1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
1/4 tsp Pink Himalayan Salt and Herb Blend
1/2 lb bacon crumbles
1. In a medium skillet brown 1lb ground beef, preferably grass-fed.
2. In a second skillet cook bacon to make bacon bits.
3. Wash Portabellos, pat dry and remove stems. Dice stems to add to the recipe later.
4. Line a glass baking dish with aluminum foil and coat in keto friendly oil, I used avocado.
5. Combine ground beef, 3/4 cup Mozzarella, diced mushroom stems, 1 large egg, 1/4 tsp garlic powder, 1/4 tsp onion powder, 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes, 1/4 tsp Pink Himalayan Salt and Herb Blend. Stir mixture, place mushroom caps in pan and stuff with meat mixture. Top with leftover shredded Mozzarella.
6 Place in oven for 12 minutes.
7. Remove Portabellos from the oven and top with cooked bacon pieces, place back in the oven for an additional five minutes or until cheese is bubbly and melted.
So delicious! We will definitely be having these again!
Here are a handful of other delicious Keto/Low Carb Portabello recipes for you to try.
1. Portabello Personal Pizzas
2. Easy Keto Lasagna Stuffed Portobellos
3. Spinach and Artichoke Stuffed Portobellos
4. Cheese Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms
5. Keto Crab Stuffed Mushrooms